South Staffordshire Plc acquires Infrastructure Gateway Limited

The integrated services Group acquires a majority shareholding in Infrastructure Gateway and its holding company The Gateway Group of Companies Holdings Ltd.

South Staffordshire Plc (SSPlc), an integrated services group that operates two regulated water companies and a range of complementary non-regulated businesses that serve essential services markets, has acquired a majority 92.5% shareholding in Infrastructure Gateway Ltd (IGL), with an option to acquire the remaining 7.5% in 2026. 

Backed by its shareholder, funds managed by Arjun Infrastructure Partners, this acquisition for SSPlc marks a key milestone in the growth of its clean energy business, which already includes electric vehicle charging infrastructure and turnkey ground source and district heating services, to further support its customers’ decarbonisation goals.

Infrastructure Gateway Ltd, the UK’s largest independent multi utility infrastructure provider, currently serves residential housebuilders and commercial developers across the East of England. One of a select group of UK companies accredited under the Lloyds Register, and holding Multi Utility Registration Status, IGL is also one of the UK’s top three providers of water connections to Ofwat appointed NAVs (New Appointments and Variations).

Phil Newland, CEO of South Staffordshire Plc, commented:

“This acquisition brings a highly complementary capability to our existing services, helping us to further strengthen our energy infrastructure and decarbonisation offerings. The expertise and passion of the IGL team has meant the business has already achieved a market leading position, and we’re excited to welcome the IGL team to our Group and to support the next chapter of their development as part of our overall growth strategy.”

Steven Draper, managing director of Infrastructure Gateway Limited added:

“We are delighted to join SSPlc and look forward to our future as part of the Group. We already have a strong regional client base, and SSPlc is the perfect fit to help us drive further growth opportunities; expanding our services nationwide and into next generation essential infrastructure markets.”